Monday 30 March 2009

Kaori vs. The Cheek


The Cheek (aka. Cheeky Cheeky and the Nosebleeds) played Japan recently and we got the lovely Kaori to tell us allllll about it:

Day 1. It was lovely meeting for me to see THE CHEEK.The first meeting was 12th evening at Shibuya. When I arrived, the staff from their label and manager met me. We introduced each other and chatted for a while.
Later, we went to HUB where is the British Bar at Shibuya. When we arrived, girls who is one of fan. They chatted with the girls and took pix! Into the bar, many people hanged out there.
Of course,there are enthusiastic their fans also! Fans came up to them to take photo and said hello! It seemed really great and guys were enjoying the time! We had a good time and enjoyed drinking and dancing with music!!!

Day 2 in Japan. They had a gig in Yokohama. I arrived there, it was really bad weather and some lines were stopped by heavy rain and strongwind. Maybe some visiter couldn't arrive there. I was sorry about that.
However, even though it was midnight, many people hang out there to see their play. Many people crowd there and one guy said 'Icame here to see THE CHEEK!! I'm looking forward to see them long long time!!' I was so happy to hear it! Of course their set was brilliant!
It was first time to see them for me. Really really feeling nice.
After gig, Charlie played DJ also.
Many guys and kids hanged out and enjoy music, dancing and drinking!!! The fun night was past fast.

Day 3. The day was important for The Cheek because they play atBritish Anthems what is big event between UK and Japan. The bands from UK and Japan play there.
There are DJ booth also and DJ made kids dance!! This time, there was new stage for Japanese bands.Oh, I should introduce the bands play there.
2:00 THE XCERTS
2:45 ROBOTS IN DISGUISE
3:30 YOUTH MOVIES
4:15 GOLDEN SILVERS
5:00 CHEEKY CHEEKY AND THE NOESBLEEDS
5:50 ACIDMAN(from Japan)6:50 VAN SHE(Guest from Australia)
7:50 THE FRATELLIS

When I arrived at Studio Coast, THE XCERTS had started playing. I saw the act of ROBOTS IN DISGUISE. They were really cool. They were the same wherever they play on small or huge stage. After, I went to the outside Stage to get something to eat.
Then I found Thom in front of Japanese stage! The girls who are their fan came up and said hello! The Cheek already has fans in Japan!! It seems great!! The Cheek's stage was scheduled on 5:00pm but it was late. I was sooooooo excited to see them and looking forward to see their act!!!!!
When they came out of the stage and started playing, the light shone on the stage. It was brightest view!!! Rory danced lightly! I love seeing his lovely dance!!!! You know already how fantastic their staging are!!! I can't express well in English though. I was enchanted to their stagings. I felt a thrill of joy!!!!!!! A lot of fans crowded and danced in front of the stage!!!! They screamed when Rory dived into there!!!!!! Charlie's singing voice and energetic guitar sound, bright guitar of Christian, sound of powerful base guitar of Thom, the drum sound with the feeling of speed of Ali and Rory's voice and dance, everything were good for me!!!!!!!!!!

Ali showed the pretty smile while sometimes beating the drum. It was so cute!!!!!!!!
It was really good for me that I was able to feel their sounds and experience their gigs! After stage, they had events for fans. Before they came up, there was a long line already!! A lot of fans had been waiting for them since their gig finished. They seemed to enjoy writing the signature, shaking handsand talking with fans very much. They were so lovely guys. I hope they come back to Japan soon!
Kaori xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment